With Digital CCTV technology there is no need to replay hours of tape to search for an incident. CCTV footage can be searched by simply entering a date and time or applying a mouse pointer to a timeline on a monitor screen.
If the incident time is not known, a search can be made by marking an area on the image and asking the system to search for activity in that area, a list of events will be offered for review. During all these operations, normal recording continues, uninterrupted.
Digital recorders offer significant benefits over VCR’s. These include:
- Low maintenance
- Never stops recording
- Superior image quality
- Instant Playback
- Fast image search & retrieval
- Easy alarm management
- Superior archiving capabilities
- Simultaneous Playback, Record & Archive
- No tapes required (unless archiving)
- Remote transmission & networking